KUCHING: The public will continue to be informed at all times of developments in the Covid-19 fight, says Sarawak Assistant Industrial Development Minister Datuk Malcolm Mussen Lamoh.
“The state government is serious about curbing the spread of Covid-19 and knows it is vital to provide information of the actual number of Covid-19 cases to the public.
“I believe the increasing number of positive cases is due to the state government’s hard work in conducting screenings for the public,” he said during a function in Lubok Antu on Thursday (Sept 30).
Mussen said with 99 percent of the recent cases in Sarawak listed in Category 1 and 2, this showed that the risk of severe cases had been reduced.
The Batang Ai assemblyman also expressed his appreciation to the Sarawak Public Communications Unit for organising a programme to recognise the roles and services of frontline staff.
“The role of the frontliners should be appreciated because without them, it is difficult to move to the endemic phase.”
The ‘Thank You Frontliner’ programme was held in Engkilili and Lubok Antu. Frontliners received a donation of 300 food baskets.